Dating sites in portland oregon
Since then, the program has been highly successful in attracting and retaining new physicians to rural Oregon.1995 OHSU becomes a public corporation and separates from the Oregon State System of Higher Education.The OHSU School of Medicine has roots dating back to the late 19th century and is one of the oldest western medical schools.In 2012, the OHSU School of Medicine celebrated the 125th anniversary of its founding.1913 Willamette University and the University of Oregon merge their medical education programs to form the University of Oregon Medical School in Portland. 1923 Multnomah County Hospital opens on the Marquam Hill campus and contracts with the medical school to provide services to indigent patients. 1954 The Child Development and Rehabilitation Center facility is built on Marquam Hill.1917 The present 116-acre Marquam Hill campus gets its start with a 20-acre tract donated by the Oregon-Washington Railroad and Navigation Company, and an 88-acre tract donated by the C. Jackson family, former publisher of the daily Oregon Journal. 1926 Doernbecher Memorial Hospital for Children is built on the Marquam Hill campus and becomes the first full-service children's hospital in the Pacific Northwest. 1932 The curricula from the Portland School of Social Work and the University of Oregon's nursing program are transferred to the University of Oregon Medical School to form the Department of Nursing Education in the University of Oregon Medical School in Portland. 1956 The Medical School Hospital is built on Marquam Hill.The Biomedical Information Communication Center director is named and building is started.1990 The Dotter Interventional Institute is established to honor the school's pioneer in interventional radiology.
Construction is completed for the Biomedical Information Communication Center, which provides library, audiovisual and teleconferencing services, public computer services, and health informatics.
The institute leads the Pacific Northwest in developing image-guided procedures and performs more than 3,000 interventional treatments annually.
1991 The Area Health Education Centers program is established to promote better access to adequate health care throughout Oregon and to facilitate medical student primary care clerkships.
The 660-foot-long sky bridge allows direct transportation of patients, physicians and students, thus bonding functionally as well as symbolically the two major teaching hospitals.
Responsibility for graduate medical education transfers from the University Hospital to the Office of the Dean, thus providing continuity and integration of responsibility for medical education throughout professional careers.
1867 Members of the medical department at Willamette University in Salem begin the first formal medical education program in Oregon.